How to Install Bug-Free, Stable and Feature-Rich XOSP Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM
Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, XOSP custom ROM is a new addition to an increasing list of popular Marshmallow custom ROMs. The firmware brings you all the official Marshmallow features and some more features from Sony’s latest flagship smartphone Xperia Z5. XOSP is an Xperia Open Source Project, which means you will be able to experience all the latest features and exclusive apps like Music, Album and the user favorite Camera app 2.0 on your non-Xperia devices.
Bringing Xperia themes and smooth and fast experience, you can now flash this beautiful and feature-rich Marshmallow custom ROM on your Nexus 5. But, before going ahead, don’t forget to check out the super long list of features!
XOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features:
- Based on CyanogenMod 13.0
- Removed many unnecessary apps and stuff as well as CM ones
- Stock Kernel
- Snap Camera
- ViPER Audio Engine
- Theme Chooser
- Xperia based Bootanimation
- Xperia Z5 sounds
- Xperia Z5 Custom Wallpapers
- ROM provided with a white Indigo Theme
- Stock Browser is custom themed
- Status bar logo
- Navigation Bar ON/OFF
- NavBar dimensions
- HW Keys ON/OFF
- SlimSeek Bar
- Status bar Network Traffic indicator
- RAM Bar in recents options
- Toast Animations
- Long Press back to kill in Development Settings
- Ability to hide the Super SU status bar icon
- Dashboard Columns
- Dashboard double lines toggle
- Double Tap to sleep anywhere on the lockscreen
- Xperia Apps
- Xperia Z5 Home
- Xperia Keyboard
- Clock App
- Weather App
- Weather Widget
- Smart Connect
- Audio Recorder
You can learn more about this Nexus 5 Marshmallow custom ROM at this XDA thread where you will find all the new updates and fixes to any bugs or issues you may face.
Prerequisites to flash XOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM on Nexus 5
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
XOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM for Nexus 5
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the XOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don’t get alarmed. Enjoy all the new features and customization choices of this new Nexus 5 ROM.