macOS Sierra GM for Public Beta Testers Now Available
macOS Sierra GM build for Public Beta testers has been released. Here’s how you can download and install it right away.
macOS Sierra GM Arrives for Public Beta Testers as well
A while back Apple pushed the green button and released iOS 10 GM for Public Beta testers. Now, the company is taking another stride forward by releasing the Golden Master build of macOS Sierra to those who have the operating system installed via the Beta Software Program.
The update is available over the air and we’ll show you how you can install it in a jiffy.
1. First and foremost save everything you’re working on as the installation will require a restart.
2. Connect to the Internet and then launch the Mac App Store.
3. Now click on the ‘Updates’ tab at the top.
4. Wait for the Mac App Store to refresh. It will take a few seconds and the macOS Sierra GM build will pop right up for download. Click on the ‘Update’ button to start the download.
5. Once the download is complete you’ll be required to restart your Mac in order to complete the installation. So please make sure that is done.
The installation can take quite a while depending on the model of your Mac. If you have something with a SSD inside, then you’re golden. Otherwise you might want to grab yourself a cup of coffee or walk the dog outside during the installation process.
It would be somewhat odd if Apple pushes out a new update to macOS between the official release date and today. After all, the operating system is quite stable when it comes to day to day usage. And also given the fact that Apple has a lot of logs from Public Beta testers already, it would be a surprise if a last-minute bug is spotted that ruins the party for everyone.
Of course, we’re dealing with software here and anything is bound to happen. We really hope things are absolutely crisp come September 20th, otherwise Apple will be left with a lot of disgruntled users around the globe.
Let us know in the comments section if you downloaded macOS Sierra GM on your Mac today. Also leave your thoughts and opinions about it in the comments section as well. We will wait to hear your opinion regarding Apple’s next big desktop release.