Listen To Beats 1 Radio In Unsupported Countries – How To
Here's a complete guide on how you can listen to Apple's Beats 1 radio station outside the United States and in an unsupported country.
Beats 1 is Apple's 24/7 live radio station. It's run by some of the top DJs is the business, but oddly enough, it's not available in every country, which means not everyone can get in on the action right away, until or unless users are willing to put in some extra effort to seal the deal. And don't panic, we're here to help you get up and running with Beats 1 right away!
Create A US Based Apple ID Account
Before we can move things forward, you'll first need a US based Apple ID. The steps for creating one are listed below:
1. First of all launch iTunes.
2. If you're signed into iTunes using your current, non-US account, then we suggest that you sign out right away.
3. Scroll all the way down in iTunes and make sure the US store is selected. You can confirm by clicking on the flag at the bottom right hand corner and then selecting 'United States' on the new page.
4. On the top right of the iTunes UI there's a button labelled 'Sign In.' Click on it, and you'll be presented with a pop-up. Click on 'Create Apple ID.'
5. Now click on 'Continue.' Also accept the licensing terms on the next page.
6. Fill in all the required fields and click on 'Continue' at the bottom right of the page.
7. On the next page, you'll be asked to select your payment method. Simply select 'None' and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
A lengthy process nonetheless, but once you're done, you'll end up with a United States based Apple ID at hand.
All done? Now move on to the last and final step.
Connect Using A US Based VPN To Listen To Beats 1
The final step is to download and install a US based VPN on your iOS device to listen to Beats 1 radio. While there are a ton of VPN apps available on the App Store, none of them are really 'free' with trials and in-app purchases being the order of the day to keep things ticking. Hence we recommend that you give 'Onavo Protect' a shot to get things up and running for good (download link).
The app is absolutely free, works like a charm on most connections, and during our testing we did not experience any sort of slowdowns or buffering issues.
The process might be lengthy for some, but hey, in the end you get to listen to Beats 1 radio. You can't deny the greatness now can you?
While you're at it, also be sure to check out: How To Replay Missed / Past Beats 1 Radio Shows On iOS, Mac.