Flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 – How to
Flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S3 i747:
You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth custom firmware. As always, LiquidSmooth custom ROM aims to be both fast and stable. Built on Android 4.4.2, the custom firmware for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 brings in a lot of original LiquidSmooth features.
Before you read on to flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S3 i747, here are some of the features and details of this ROM.
LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 KitKat features:
LiquidSmooth custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The few primary features are mentioned below:
- Linaro 4.9 GCC Toolchain
O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
Slims DPI on the fly
Custom animation controls
TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Built in SuperUser
Working wifi Tethering
Slims Configurable Power Menu
Slims Configurable Nav Bar
Gamma Configuration support
Custom animation controls (Listview)
Prerequisites to flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S3 I747:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S3 I747:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the LiquidSmooth Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter