Leaked Sony Xperia S LT26i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean v6.2.B.0.200
The news came about the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia S but nothing was rolled out. Instead, an XDA senior member got his hands on the leaked Jelly Bean for Xperia S LT26i. According to the developer's instructions this leaked version could be updated on Xperia S phone with CWM installed.
Note: since this is a leaked version and we still haven't got any user experience feedback, we do not recommend you to flash the update on your Xperia S at the moment. But in case you are curious to update Sony Xperia S to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and see if it works on your own risk, then this tutorial is for you. Do let us know if it worked fine so other users can enjoy it too.
Flash Sony Xperia S LT26i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean v6.2.B.0.200:
- Connect your Xperia to PC using a USB cable and copy the update firmware file on the phone's SD card.
- Turn your Xperia S off and reboot into recovery mode: hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
- Open the command prompt on computer: Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Now enter the following command which will take you to the fastboot folder: cd c:\Fastboot
- Type the command fastboot flash boot boot.img to install boot.img.
- When the boot.img is installed successfully on your Xperia S, you will get an OKAY/Finished message.
- Once the installation process is completed, disconnect your phone from computer and switch it back on.
- When you see the Free Xperia Project bootlogo, press and release the Volume Up key several times.
- Now boot into recovery menu. In the recovery mode, perform wipe tasks: wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache and finally from advanced, select wipe dalvik cache to clear the dalvik cache.
- Once wiping is done, return to main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card followed by Choose Zip from SD Card and locate the downloaded firmware file. Confirm installation.
- Once the installation is finished, select Go Back and then select Reboot System Now.