Killing Floor 2 Gets Massive Update, Free Weekend & Discount
Tripwire Interactive just notified the press of a new massive (and free) update for Killing Floor 2, titled INCINERATE ‘N DETONATE. According to the studio, this adds around 50% more content to the game; President John Gibson said:
With the Incinerate 'N Detonate Free Content Pack we're adding over 50% more content to KILLING FLOOR 2 than when we launched a few months ago. We're also excited that this release was heavily shaped by the feedback we've received in Early Access to dial in the game to what the players want.
Here's a full list of what players will find in this update:
- 2 New Perks – Firebug and Demolitions, each with new weapons and grenades
- 2 New Maps – Evacuation Point and Catacombs
- New Weapons – More arsenal to destroy Zeds with such as the Dual 9mm Pistols
- Crossover Promotions:
- For players who own Chivalry – Playable Knight character with the Zweihander sword
- For players who own Red Orchestra 2 – Anton Strasser playable character
- NVIDIA PhysX Flex Technology – Featured for the first time ever in a game, KILLING FLOOR 2 incorporates this ground-breaking new technology (for NVIDIA GeForce 770’s and above cards)
- Berserker Skill Tree – Complete overhaul revamps the Berserker skill tree to a whole new level
- After Action Report – New system adding Team Awards, Personal Stats and Map Voting
- Map Voting allows players to vote on the next map, winning map travels to server after
- Kick Voting allows players to vote kick a player from the map
- New Achievements
- Zed Hit Zones – Allows Areas on the Zeds to have different hit effects and vulnerabilities based on different zones
- New Steam Workshop functionality
- General Fixes and Improvements:
- Audio Fixes – Huge overhaul to improve audio system
- Old map and skill tree refinements such as the Commando skill tree
- And Much More!
That's not everything, though. Killing Floor 2 will be playable for free on Steam from September 3 to September 6, and there will also be a 33% discount in case you want to purchase it.
Killing Floor 2 will also appear on SteamOS and PlayStation 4 platforms at later dates. Check out the trailer for this new update below!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter