Jailbreak iOS 8.4 Using TaiG On Mac – How To
Update: TaiG v1.1.0 for Mac has been released. Download the tool from here before going ahead with the jailbreak process outlined below.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch using TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac. The tool supports all iOS devices right off the bat.
Here's a list of prerequisites that you need to follow before going ahead with the jailbreak:
- Make sure you are running iOS 8.4 and have installed the firmware using iTunes and not via OTA. You can download iOS 8.4 from here.
- Be sure to turn off the passcode feature on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can do that by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and then tap on the 'Turn Passcode Off' feature.
- Find my iPhone should be turned off as well. Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone and toggle the 'Find my iPhone' switch to the OFF position.
- Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch either by using iCloud or iTunes.
- Make sure you're running the latest version of iTunes on your Mac.
- Put your Apple Watch in airplane mode (if you have one) and turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone.
How To Jailbreak iOS 8.4 Using TaiG For Mac
1. Download TaiG iOS 8.4 jailbreak for Mac tool from here. Be sure to install it on your Mac, and once you're done, launch it by right-clicking on its icon in the Applications folder in Finder, and then click on 'Open.'
2. Plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac using a USB cable.
3. If you've followed the prerequisites carefully then TaiG will pick up your device in no time and you'll be presented with a screen similar to the one below.
4. Make sure that you uncheck the '3K Assistant' box and then click on the 'Start' button.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts till the jailbreak process is complete. Be sure not to touch your device during the process as anything can go wrong at this point.
It's that simple. Once you're done and your device has booted up, simply turn on the passcode and Find my iPhone features which your turned off in the beginning. You can also start using your Apple Watch with your iPhone if you so wish.
Make sure you're connected to WiFi and launch Cydia from your device's home screen and let everything refresh at least once before you start using your device.
If you've already jailbroken using PP, then you don't have to go through the above process. If you've used the Windows version of TaiG to jailbreak on iOS 8.4, then there's no need to re-jailbreak or anything.