Jailbreak iOS 10 / iOS 10.1.1 on iPhone 7, 6s & iPad Pro Using Yalu
Here's how you can jailbreak iOS 10, iOS 10.1.1 using Mach_Portal + Yalu on iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPad Pro.
iOS 10 Jailbreak Has Finally Arrived, But it's Beta, Supported on a Few Devices Only & Quite Unstable
After an excruciatingly long wait, the iOS 10 / iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak is finally here. But before we dive into the tutorial itself there are a few things that need to be made clear beforehand. First of all, this is a semi-untethered jailbreak. Secondly, this jailbreak is supported only on a handful of firmware running on particular devices. There is a chance your device might not be in the list, but don't panic, support for more is coming soon in future updates. Last but not the least: this jailbreak is currently in beta, and aimed towards developers.
Disclaimer: There's a lot that can go wrong while going ahead with this jailbreak since it is in beta. If you have no clue what you are doing, then it's better to stay away from this jailbreak altogether.
Supported Devices & Firmware
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10.1.1 all the way to iOS 10.0.1.
- iPad Pro running iOS 10.1.1 all the way to iOS 10.0.1.
- Yalu IPA file from this link.
- Cydia Impactor from this link. It is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- A device with the above mentioned supported firmware and model.
- iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
- Touch ID & Passcode disabled on your iOS device. Navigate to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to disable.
Jailbreak iOS 10 & Jailbreak iOS 10.1.1 with Mach_Portal + Yalu
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using USB.
2. Launch Cydia Impactor, drag the Yula IPA file onto it (the unzipped file), enter your Apple ID when prompted then click OK. The installation will take no more than a few minutes so be patient.
3. Unplug your iOS device from your computer and navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Trust the profile that is sitting there.
4. Press the Home button and launch the mach_portal app.
5. Once Cydia shows up on your device, simply launch it and you are good to go.
The jailbreak will expire in seven days, which is a downside of having a semi-tethered jailbreak. Once that happens, follow the above tutorial again in order to re-jailbreak your device. And please make sure you do not attempt to install unnecessary tweaks and apps from Cydia. This is a beta jailbreak meant mainly for developers. It can end up messing up your installation of iOS 10 or iOS 10.1.1, forcing you to jump over to iOS 10.2 if you are going to restore using iTunes.