Install XWLST Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 – Official Firmware
Samsung has released a new update for Galaxy S2 I9100; I9100XWLST Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware for users. But as is the case with other firmware updates from Samsung, users from other parts of the world can also install this firmware update. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there. If for some reason, you cannot access the official update or would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLST Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S2 I9100. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S2 I9100. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 XWLST Firmware Details:
Date: May, 2016
Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XWLST Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Download and Extract I9100XWLST_I9100ODDLSE_INU.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy S2 I9100 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted XWLST firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S2 I9100 should now be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I9100XWLST. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.