Install unofficial CM11 Beta Android 4.4 Kit Kat on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 [Updated]
Well, developers will be developers, if you will not get them the latest and greatest in software, they might as well go out of their way and cook some themselves. Such has been the case in this instance, while CyanogenMod team is still busy cooking CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4 Kit Kat for their huge user-base. A senior member of XDA forums; Jermaine151 went ahead and has released beta-ports of CM11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
Before you go ahead and take the plunge, please make note that this is a beta-port of CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM. And it will have certain clinks and shortcomings of its own, but keep visiting the page, and I will keep it updated with the latest releases of the software.
Known Bugs in unofficial CM11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Front facing camera
- A2DP Audio is still shaky
This new version of CyanogenMod Custom Firmware comes with various updates on top of Android 4.4’s latest native updates.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- CM 11 Beta-Build 4.4 Kit Kat ROM For AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 [File: cm-11-20131111-UNOFFICIAL-d2att.zip – Updated]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20131107-signed.zip]
Install unofficial CM11 Beta Android 4.4 Kit Kat on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned CM11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat Beta Build file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Make sure that you are using the latest CWM recovery (184.108.40.206 +), if not you will see a “set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed”.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-11-20131110-rearcam_fixed-d2att.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20131107-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM CM 11 Beta-Build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest CM 11 Beta-Build Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.