Install PopWiz ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 – Brings Some Surprises from Galaxy S7
Adding to our list of Marshmallow based stable custom ROMs, PopWiz offers visually similar experience to the stock Samsung offering. However, it is pre-rooted and debloated, promising to offer you smoother and faster Android experience. The firmware also brings some extra goodies from its latest successor, the Galaxy S7. Follow this guide to flash PopWiz Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Galaxy S6 ROM.
PopWiz Galaxy S6 ROM features
- Based on S6 Latest BTU Firmware
- S6 Edge apps
- Added Galaxy S7 Wallpapers
- Added Galaxy S7 Notifications, Ringtones, UI, and Alarms
- Rooted, Odexed
- Debloated (Gapps, Knox and Samsung Apps)
- CSC Tweaks (Messaging, Camera, Network mode and more)
For more details and updates, please visit the developer's XDA thread.
Prerequisites to flash PopWiz on Galaxy S6 G920F
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash PopWiz Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 ROM
Required files: download PopWiz Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PopWiz Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM.
Happy flashing! Do you have another favorite ROM that you are running on your Galaxy S6 or S7 duo? Don't forget to share your experience with us, so we can have some taste of those stable ROMs too.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter