How to Flash Revolution HD Marshmallow ROM on HTC One M9
Revolution HD custom firmware based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for HTC One M9. Following is the long list of features that this custom firmware comes packed in with. Here are the all the details and steps you need to know to install Revolution HD custom ROM on HTC One M9.
Revolution HD features:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Snapdragon 810 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- Root access
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- OpenVPN support
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
Prerequisites to install Android 6.0 ROM on HTC One M9:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M9 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M9's boot loader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
Flash Revolution HD Android 6.0 on HTC One M9:
- Download Revolution HD Marshmallow custom ROM for HTC One M9. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also download the GApps package for your device.
Step 1: Connect your HTC One M9 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy / paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step 3: Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step 4: Boot your device in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
Step 5: Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step 6: Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot - press Enter again.
Step 7: Follow the on screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
Step 8: Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step 9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Revolution HD Marshmallow custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
Step 11: Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M9 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient. Enjoy the new ROM on your M9.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter