Install Omega Rom XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S4 I9505
The dev team behind Omega Rom has released the version 21 of the ROM. The new version of the rom includes bug fixes and is ready to be your daily driver, from now on.
According to our previous post “I9505XXUFNA5” is the leaked firmware. And on the same post we had told you how to update Galaxy S4 firmware to XXUFNA5.
Coming back to the topic here is the changelog of Omega ROM, the developer released it for specially firmware XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4.
- Based on leaked firmware XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 (Date: 14/01/2014) Kernel Stock XXUFNA5
- Samsung Push Service
- Dolphin Jetpack
- Samsung Print Service Plugin
- All mods from previous Omega Kit Kat 4.4.2 versions added
- Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
- Rom is No Full wiping
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S4 I9505 XXUFNA5. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S4 I9505 XXUFNA5. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Install Omega ROM For Galaxy S4 I9505 XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 I9505
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 70% of charge.
More ROMs for Galaxy S4 I9505
- Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
- Install FoxHound ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
How to Install Omega Rom XXUFNA5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S4 I9505
- First step is to reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When Gapps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
- That’s it
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter