Install Official CM 10.2 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 – Android 4.3 Custom ROM
The official CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly custom firmware has been released for Samsung Galaxy S3 model i9300. Those of you who had installed the unofficial CM 10.2 of their Galaxy S3, it's now time to go ahead with the official Nightly build! Follow this comprehensive tutorial to get the steps which will help you in the process of flashing the official CM 10.2 nightly build based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Prerequisites to check before you install official CM 10.2 Nightly for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Galaxy S3 I9300 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300; please to not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. This guide would be particularly useful for those who want to try the CyanogenMod ROM to see the new features of Android 4.3 JB on their SGS3.
How to install CM 10.2 Nightly custom ROM on Galaxy S3 i9300:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 official custom firmware zip for SGS3 i9300 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S3 I9300 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE.
- Boot SGS3 into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore.
- Now perform wipe data operations: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. You can skip this step if you are already on a CM 10.1 ROM.
- Next, from recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Nightly official firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation.
- Once done with both the installations, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your S3 I9300 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so kindly be patient.
Awesome! You have successfully flashed the official CM 10.2 Nightly custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.