How to Install NanoROM Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S6
Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and TouchWiz user interface, NanoROM removes the bloatware to offer super smooth and stable performance on your Samsung Galaxy S6. The developer has built this ROM to help those who experience "sudden random reboots after updating stock firmware after rooting their device." Following are the details, screenshots and the flashing guide to help you install NanoROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F. For more details and development process, please visit the XDA thread.
NanoROM features for Galaxy S6 G920F
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Stock TouchWiz UI
- Fast and Smooth
Prerequisites to flash NanoROM on Galaxy S6 G920F
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash NanoROM Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S6 G920F
Required files: download NanoROM Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the NanoROM Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM.
Let us know about your experience with this comparatively new custom ROM based on the latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow release for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F. Also, keep sharing with us your favorites too!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter