Install MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 – Custom Firmware
MIUI has been a hot favourite with custom ROM enthusiasts for its absolutely unique user interface. MIUI.us has updated their ROM incorporating the new features of Android 4.1.2 and additional features from version 4 of MIUI Custom ROM.
MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware Features
- MIUI v4 – UI Update
- MIUI.us Toolbox Supported
- CRT Off Animation
- T9 Dialer
- Samsung Apps as flashable zip file
While installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- Advanced_MIUI.us_Jimbo77v_3.2.22.zip 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 [File: Advanced_MIUI.us_Jimbo77v_3.2.22.zip]
Install MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned Advanced_MIUI.us_Jimbo77v_3.2.22.zip file and copy it to the SD card of your phone, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Galaxy S3 I9300 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from sdcard’. Once in directory, look for Advanced_MIUI.us_Jimbo77v_3.2.22.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Your phone will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.