Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean LiquidSmooth custom ROM. The ROM is smooth and brings in features from Android Open Source Project - providing smooth and stable experience. This is 2.8 build of LiquidSmooth custom ROM and now available to be downloaded and flashed on Galaxy S3 i9300.
The LiquidSmooth 2.8 firmware offers some features such as Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain, Linaro and Code Aurora optimizations, transparent navbar and status bar, customizable navbar ring, navigation bar widgets, customizable power menu & quick settings panel and much more.
Note: LiquidSmooth custom ROM is listed in our best custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S3 compilation.
Prerequisites before you install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean LiquidSmooth custom ROM for Galaxy S3 i9300:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to install LiquidSmooth custom ROM for Galaxy S3 i9300:
- Connect Galaxy S3 i9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone.
- Disconnect the connection with computer and turn your Samsung Galaxy S3 off.
- Now boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Next, perform a Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes, once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the popular LiquidSmooth custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 i9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest liquidsmooth custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
Note: If you want to return to previous OS, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.