ROM-In-Feature: Install This Galaxy S8 and S8+ ROM to Get All the Note 8 Awesomeness
Samsung’s latest Galaxy Note 8 has been available for a few weeks now, bringing an amazing design and software features. The device comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box, an update that many Samsung devices are yet to get. Developers have now ported Galaxy Note 8 firmware for both the Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy S8+ with this Galaxy S8 ROM.
Ambasadii Full Note 8 port, released by an XDA developer, brings all the awesomeness of Note 8 right on your Galaxy S8. Here’s to how to flash this Galaxy S8 ROM on your devices.
Ambasadii Full Note 8 Galaxy S8 ROM features
● Full N8 port (apps, framework, libs etc)
● Odex version (extra debloated – fast and clean) based on latest N950FXXU1AQI1 7.1.1 firmware
● Fully knox removed! (rom not support: samsung pay, samsung pass and secure folder)
● Support models: SM-G95xF and SM-G95xFD
● Kernel choose in aroma:
* Notorious Kernel (big thx to @Farovitus)
* Iron Kernel (big thx to @Tkkg1994)
● Options to choose root method: * Magisk, * SuperSU, * No root
● Busybox included
● Fake status official and knox 0x0
● All removed apps will be available in separate addons zip
● Build.prop tweaks for better battery and performance
● Init.d tweaks like: logs cleaner,zipalling and sqlite optimization on every boot included
● Support wifi calling and volte
● AdAway app (adblocker host app)
● Fastergps app (gps config app)
● Phone Info (information about phone app)
● MTweaks (kernel toolkit app)
● 5 Way Reboot Menu
● Enabled applock and air messages into advanced features
● Enabled extra togles like: capture screen and screen recorder, wifi calling, volte, UHQ scaler
● Many CSC features enabled like: call recording, network speedmeter,receive MMS without mobile data on,recent app protection and many more…
● Tweaks option in aroma:
* LTE Icon (Enable LTE mobile data icon instead off 4G)
* Data Usage (Enable data usage information under brightness slider)
* Multi-User (Enable multi user icon on notification panel)
* 1060 Fonts Pack
* iOS Emoji Pack
* Google Assistant support
* Netflix Fix
Add Ons: choose apps to install:
● Always On Display (Active Mode Screen)
● Baby Crying (Samsung Baby Crying Sound detector monitor)
● Beep ‘n Go Beaming Service (Beep ‘n Go Barcode Beaming Service)
● Dictionary (Get definitions/synonyms of selected words with this Dictionary add-on)
● Edge Features (the extra edge features)
● E-mail (Original Samsung E-Mail app)
● Gear VR support (Plus Smart Watch ANT+,Smart Switch,Gear Fit Manager,VR Gear Support)
● Google Search (Google Search system app, needed to get OK Google Everywhere working)
● Game Tools (Game Home and Game Tools app)
● Galaxy Apps (Including Galaxy Apps Widget and Samsung Billing)
● Hello Bixby and Bixby Vison (bixby support)
● Samsung Video Editor & HighLight Video service (Editor to edit your recorded videos & the Highlight/Collage video function in the Samsung Gallery)
● Samsung Mirror Link (Mirror your phone screen on your car display (if your car’s display supports Mirror Link)
● Samsung Photo Editor (Editor to edit your photos via Samsung Gallery)
● Samsung Browser (Default Samsung Internet Browser)
● Samsung Music Player (Including Sound Alive)
● Smart Manager (Samsung Smart Manager & Battery stats)
● SPrint (Samsung S-Print print support)
● Stk (Sim Toolkit)
● Samsung Magnifier (The Magnifier that you can find in the Toolbox function)
● S-Voice and TTS Voices (Contains S-Voice, Voice WakeUp, Text-to-speech voices from Samsung)
● Samsung Connect
● Smart Reminder
● Share Link
● Samsung Voice Note (Samsung Voice Recorder app)
● Samsung Video (Samsung Video app and Video Player)
● Samsung Fonts (stock samsung font)
● Samsung Notes (Notation app)
● Samsung Dex (Dex support)
● Weather widget (Accuweather Widget)
● Air Command (Spen features)
● TouchWiz Mod v4.0 (fully customizable launcher with extra features)
● Knox Files
Choose sound mods:
● AryaMod ViPER4A FX + Dolby Atmos + Beats Audio
● Dual Speaker Sound Mod
● No sound mods
Important: while this is the third version of this Note 8 Galaxy S8 ROM, proceed at your own risk as there are still some issues. For more details, extensive changelog, and community support, head over to this XDA thread.
Prerequisites to install Full Note 8 Ambasadii Galaxy S8 ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device should be charged to at least 70% of power.
How to install Full Note 8 Port on Galaxy S8
Required files: download Note 8 Port Galaxy S8 custom ROM and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 or S8+ to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S8.
- Boot it into TWRP recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from menu, select Wipe and Format Data.
- Select install and locate the custom firmware to confirm the flashing process.
- Flash add-ons if you want.
- Once done, tap on Reboot now. First boot may take a few minutes, so don’t be worried.
Remember, the port is still in beta so proceed with caution. If you do install it, don’t forget to share with us your thoughts on this Galaxy S8 ROM.