Featured ROM: Install Super Fast, Light and Battery-Friendly Galaxy S7 edge ROM
Looking for a lightweight, high performance custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge? Decent UltraLite custom ROM for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge brings the lightest “Nougat TouchWiz ROM You’ll See Ever,” according to its developer. Bringing amazing features from the Galaxy S8, including its Power Menu, the ROM is heavily debloated, making it super fast. Head over to the how-to section to start testing this custom ROM and don’t forget to share your feedback with us.
Decent Android 7.0 ROM for Galaxy S7 brings speed and Galaxy S8 features
* Based on Latest TouchWiz Stock Nougat G935FXXS1DQHN * (Netherland_August Security Patch )
* Stock S7 & S7 Edge Kernel Included *
* Updated SuperSU v2.82 SR3*
* Updated Latest BusyBox 1.27.1
* Pre-Rooted *
* Stock Deodexed *
* Highly Debloated *
* Fast, Smooth & Battery Friendly *
* Added CSC Tweaks *
* Added Build.Prop Tweaks *
* Completely Knox Free *
* Ram Optimization *
* Default Animation 0.5 *
* Fix Charging Animation * (while phone is Power Off)
* Added S8 Style Power Menu *
* Added S8 Style Reboot to Recovery in Power Menu *
* Private Mode Working * ( Not Completely )
* Added Per App Lock *
* Remove Lock Icon in Recent Apps *
* Remove MultiUser Mod In SystemUI *
* USSD codes Working *
* Remove SD card Notification *
* Decrease Auto Brightness Response Time *
* Remove High Volume Warning *
* Remove Center DataUsage in Notification Panel *
* Added ScreenCapture Toggles *
* Remove Samsung Music App *
* Remove Samsung Video App *
* Unlock after reboot with fingerprint *
* Disabled signature check *
** AND More **
Prerequisites to install Decent UltraLite Galaxy S7 edge Android 7.0 Nougat ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device should be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. For more details of the ROM, detailed instructions, support and to download it for other S7 variants, visit the official XDA thread.
How to flash Decent Nougat Galaxy S7 edge ROM
Required files: download Decent Nougat for Galaxy S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Once downloaded, follow these steps to install Decent Galaxy S7 edge ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Developer has asked to perform wipe tasks 3 times: “3X (3 times) Wipe Cache, Dalvik / ART Cache, Internal Storage, System & Data.”
- Select install and locate the custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, tap on Reboot now. First boot may take a few minutes, so don’t be worried.
You can also download Galaxy S8 mod package for Decent ROM (link) and the Aroma add-on pack (link). Is this ROM as light as it claims to be? Don’t forget to share your thoughts on this Galaxy S7 edge custom ROM.