Install CM-Remix ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Nexus I9250
So here comes the most awaited ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250 and that is CM-Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. This is a combined effort of leading ROM developers as it is a mixture of top custom features that have been offered from AOKP, BEANSTALK, CrDroid, ChameOS, CM, MOKEE, OMNI, PA, SLIM, VANIR etc, while the custom kernel is based on Imoseyon with cherry-picks options from ASKP.
As the name shows that “CM” stands for “CyanogenMod” and Remix shows the mixture of different ROMs like AOKP, BEANSTALK, CrDroid, ChameOS, CM, MOKEE, OMNI, PA, SLIM, VANIR etc, the mixture makes the ROM most demanding. Lets move towards the guide of how to install CM-Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250.
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only to be followed to install CM-Remix ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Nexus I9250. Don’t try this guide on any other Android devices.
Prerequisites to install CM-Remix ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Nexus I9250:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Nexus I9250 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install CM-Remix ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Nexus I9250:
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes. Release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM's installation, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card that you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to redo step 4, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
- That’s it!