Install Official CM11 Nightly Android 4.4 KitKat on Verizon Galaxy S4 – How to
You can now install CM11 nightly Android 4.4 on Verizon Galaxy S4 following this guide. This first CyanogenMod take on AOSP Android 4.4 ROM is packed with all the stock Android goodies and CM-based features.
Prerequisites before you install CM11 Nightly Android 4.4 on Verizon Galaxy s4:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Verizon Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install CM11 Nightly Android 4.4 on verizon galaxy s4:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM11 Android 4.4 Nightlies official custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 i545 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Ta da! You have successfully flashed Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 official firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter