Install CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Google Nexus 7 – Custom Rom
Thanks to CyanogenMod team, CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean’s RC2-build is now available for Google Nexus 7. This build is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM and will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Google Nexus 7 .
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your tablet to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- CM 10.1 RC2-Build 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Google Nexus 7 [File: cm-10.1.0-RC2-tilapia.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Update Google Nexus 7 to CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Connect your Google Nexus 7 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean RC2 file and copy it to the SD card of your tablet.
- Disconnect your tablet and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Google Nexus 7 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the tablet will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the tablet wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1.0-RC2-tilapia.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the tablet finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 10, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM 10.1 RC2-build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest CM 10.1 RC2-build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Google Nexus 7 . If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.