Team CyanogenMod has recently launched their latest CM 10.1.2 stable ROM. If you are a CM fan, follow this step by step tutorial to learn the steps to update your Verizon Galaxy S3 to the new build of CM 10.1. Please do not forget to check the prerequisites too - saves you from several hassles later.
Note: this detailed guide has been specifically tailored to the Samsung Galaxy S3 model i535. Please do not attempt it on any other model or device.
Prerequisites to install CM 10.1.2 on Galaxy S3 Verizon:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update CM 10.1.2 for Galaxy S3:
- Connect your Verizon Galaxy S3 with the computer using the USB data cable and copy the files on the memory of your SGS3
- Disconnect Samsung Galaxy S3 from the computer and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode.
- Nandroid backup: from recovery menu, go to Backup and Restore to create a nandroid backup of your current OS.
- From the recovery mode menu, wipe data: select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Clear the wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache too.
- Flash the CM10.1.2 firmware now: select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the firmware zip for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed successfully, repeat the above step and install the Google Apps package file.
- When done, go back to main menu and select reboot system now to boot your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 to the newly flashed CyanogenMod 10.1.2 stable custom ROM.