BeanStalk build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is based on CM10.1 but loaded with a lot of features on top. This custom firmware will equip you with speed, stability and the ability to customize your Samsung Galaxy S3. Some of the additions have also been borrowed from Slim ROM and Derteufels build and modified to work with the current firmware.
Features list from XDA:
- CM based
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challange
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly
- Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
- Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customizable options
- Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
- Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
- insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
- option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
- Beanstalk Halo!
- Numerous other options hidden throughout the build.
Note: this ROM is under development so you should expect some bugs here and there. Rest assured, problems will be fixed as the development progresses.
Prerequisites before you install BeanStalk Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy S3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to install BeanStalk Android 4.2.2 custom ROM on Sprint Galaxy S3:
Files required: Please download these two files of custom firmware and Google Apps Package: BeanStalk custom ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S3 & Google Apps.
- Connect your Sprint Galaxy S3 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset - do not extract any files.
- Disconnect the connection with computer and turn your SGS3 off.
- Now boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down & the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Next, perform a Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes until the data wiping is completed, then come back to the main recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. Once it’s done too, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the BeanStalk firmware file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation completion.
- Once installation process is done successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom firmware BeanStalk based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. First boot takes a bit of time, so kindly be patient.
Note: If you want to return to Previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.