The first Release Candidate (RC) of AOSP 4.2.1 based ParanoidAndroid 3.0 started rolling out today to a selected devices. The couple of first selected devices include Nexus 4 (Mako) and Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro) with Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 following the suit soon.
In this newer version, based on AOSP 4.2.1, the new PA 3.0 brings a bucket of new features and enhancements including screenshot option, themable IME, new bootanimation and a lot of optimizations under the hood. Here is a list of what you should expect from the new AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0:
- Pie panels are centered and glide right under your thumb, don’t stretch in landscape
- New pie default colors (holo) for disabled per-app-color
- Screenshot option
- New statusbar icons (dont look “washed out” anymore)
- New bootanimation
- Unlockpattern cut off is gone
- IME is themable
- MMS black on black fix
- Pie without search agent should be fixed
- PAPrefs has been polished for easier use (still much to do)
- PAC support for bluetooth icon
- (Mako) Perfect kernel calibration, made one extra for pa
- (Mako) Autobrightness is adjusted for it
- (Mako) Fart vibration for on-touch is gone
- Tons of optimizations under the hood
Since it's a custom ROM, you need to have a rooted device with custom recovery installed. If you have a rooted Nexus 4, you can get the new PA 3.0 Mako ROM and follow this guide to install AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0 on your Nexus 4 now!
How to Install AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0 on Nexus 4:
Note: Please create a backup of your data in SD card or your computer and save all the important data.
- Download latest version of PA 3.0 for Mako via this link: goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako
- GApps is not included in the ROM, so please download GApps for Paranoid Android ROM too and copy these both files on your SD card.
- Boot your Nexus 4 in custom recovery mode (CWM / TWRP mode).
- After booting in recovery mode, using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM recovery wipe all your data.
- Flash ROM & GApps files one by one, and reboot your Nexus 4.
The battery % is one big miss-out from this release which is being promised to show in the upcoming version. Have some fun with this new PA 3.0 and let us know about your feedback.