Install AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100 – Custom Firmware
Android Open Kang Project has just released two brand new sets of custom roms. The two product line ups are meant for nightly and monthly upgrades, namely; AOKP Nightly Builds and AOKP Milestone Builds.
The new version of the already famous AOKP custom rom based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean contains plenty of new features. And with the new release schedule, it will only be brining more features to consumers, faster than ever before.
AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 supports a wide variety of Galaxy S2 handsets, including the international Galaxy S2 I9100. The latest AOKP custom rom is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, which will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean your Galaxy S2 I9100.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S2 I9100 [File: aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_milestone-1.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Install AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100
- Connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean file and copy it to the SD card of your phone, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Galaxy S2 I9100 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from sdcard’. Once in directory, look for aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_milestone-1.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you will need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Your phone will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.