How to Install Android 4.2.2 RootBox Custom ROM for Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
RootBox custom ROM has always been popular because of it being light-weight, fast and providing a customized experience of Android. Rootbox offers a very light installation with almost all the popular features from AOKP, CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android. To install Android 4.2.2 RootBox custom ROM for Galaxy S4, follow this how-to guide.
Prerequisites to install Android 4.2.2 RootBox custom ROM for Galaxy S4 SGH-M919:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device - learn to backup SMS & MMS.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to install Android 4.2.2 RootBox custom ROM for Galaxy S4 M919:
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the external card of your galaxy smartphone.
- Disconnect the cable and switch your Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 off. Boot in to recovery mode now: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously - or try Quick Boot app.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step since it's a custom ROM and can contain bugs.
- Next perform a full data wipe operation on our SGS4: wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache for wiping Dalvik cache data too.
- Now from sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ROM file (RootBox-JB-i9505-victorator-20130527.zip) from sdCard and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step but this time choose jfltetmo.zip file instead of the ROM file.
- When the device specific Rootbox package installation completes, repeat the same step for installing Google Apps Package.
- Done with all three installations? Go back to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now.
That's it! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 is now running the Android 4.2.2 RootBox custom ROM!