How to Boot Into checkra1n DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
There might be instances where you might get stuck at the enter DFU mode step when using checkra1n jailbreak app. Unless you put your device in DFU mode, your iOS 13.2.2 jailbreak process will not proceed. Here is how you can fix this issue and go through checkra1n DFU mode step.
Checkra1n jailbreak uses the checkm8 exploit and works with iOS 12.3 - iOS 13.2.2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The process involves downloading the checkra1n app on Mac, and following the steps to enter DFU mode on your device. The rest of the process takes place on device and you end up with a jailbroken iPhone or iPad. It's that simple.
Unfortunately, a number of users have reported that they have been getting stuck at the second step where the device needs to be put into DFU mode. The following steps should help you resolve this issue.
Fix checkra1n DFU Mode Issue
For iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Plugin your iPhone to your Mac using a cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and press volume up, release it, press volume down, release it and then press and hold the power button.
- When the screen turns black, press and hold the volume down button, while still keeping the power button pressed.
- After 5 seconds, release the power button but keep the volume down button pressed.
- Wait for 8 seconds and your Mac should tell you that it has detected that your iPhone is in DFU mode. If it doesn't work, restart the steps.
- Start the checkra1n app and follow the steps to jailbreak your iPhone.
For iPhone 7
- Plugin your iPhone to your Mac and turn it off.
- Press and hold power button and volume down button for 10 seconds.
- Release the volume down button but keep the power button pressed for 8 seconds.
- Your Mac should notify you that your iPhone is in DFU mode. If it doesn't, retry the above steps.
- Follow the jailbreak process using the checkra1in app.