Downgrade iOS 13.2.3 to iOS 13.2.2 for Checkra1n Jailbreak on iPhone, iPad
Here's how you can downgrade iOS 13.2.3 to iOS 13.2.2 right now on iPhone and iPad in order to jailbreak using Checkra1n.
Updated to iOS 13.2.3 by Mistake? Downgrade iOS 13.2.3 to iOS 13.2.2 Right Now if You Want to Jailbreak
At the time of writing, the Checkra1n iOS 13 jailbreak hasn't been updated for iOS 13.2.3. But it will be soon, hopefully. So if you were hoping to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad in the hopes to tweak things up a little then it's best that you steer clear of iOS 13.2.3. If you did manage to update, then you don't have to panic as you still have the chance to downgrade iOS 13.2.3 to iOS 13.2.2 as the latter firmware is still being signed by Apple. It's an easy process but there is one thing that you should know about before proceeding.
Backup Everything to iCloud or iTunes
The downgrade is essentially a clean installation of iOS 13.2.2, which means that you will lose all your files or settings along the way. So if you are planning to take this route then it is absolutely vital that you take a backup of everything to a secure location. You can either use iCloud or iTunes. If you are using a Mac then you can backup your device using Finder.
Turn Off Find My iPhone
Launch the Settings app, navigate to Apple ID > Find My then tap on Find My iPhone / iPad. Now turn off the top-most toggle switch labelled Find My iPhone or Find My iPad. You will be required to enter your Apple ID password.
Downgrade iOS 13.2.3 to iOS 13.2.2 [Tutorial]
Step 1. Download the iOS 13.2.2 IPSW from here. Please note that you have to download the IPSW for the device that is supported by Checkra1n.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC using a Lightning cable.
Step 3. Launch iTunes or click on Finder.
Step 4. Follow the steps by the book as given below.
- Windows - Launch iTunes, click on the tiny little device icon on the top left hand corner, then press and hold the left Shift key and then click on Restore iPhone. Select the IPSW file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Mac - Launch Finder, click on your iPhone or iPad in the left hand pane, now hold down the left Option key and then click on Restore iPhone. Select the iOS 13.2.2 IPSW file.
Step 5. This is the part where you just grab coffee and wait for your PC or Mac finish up the restore process. This may take a while and it's best that you do not use your computer along the way at all.
Once you are done, you can set up your iPhone or iPad as brand new or restore from a backup then proceed with the Checkra1n jailbreak if you like.
If you are planning to jailbreak iOS 13, then be sure to check out the following tutorials:
- How to Boot Into checkra1n DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- How to Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 Using Checkra1n Jailbreak Tool on Mac [Tutorial]
- Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS 13 Released for iPhone and iPad Models - Download Now
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.