We have shared with you several stable and feature-packed custom ROMs based on Android 6.0 and Android 6.0.1 for Samsung's Note 4. Dirty Unicorns Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow too is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Fast and stable, follow this guide to update Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 unofficial Dirty Unicorns custom ROM. Interested in a Marshmallow ROM for your own device? Don't forget to check our list of some of the best Android 6 custom ROMs for Android devices.
Prerequisites to update Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 4 N910F to Android 6.0.1:
Required files: download unofficial Dirty Unicorns unofficial custom ROM for Galaxy Note 4 N910F from here and save it on your computer. Also download GApps package. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Dirty Unicorns Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step, but choose GApps instead of the ROM file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.