How to Update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 Dirty Unicorns Custom ROM
Want to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based custom firmware? An unofficial Dirty Unicorns custom ROM is now available using the very latest Android 6.0.1 build. Since Note 3 is not in line to receive the Marshmallow treatment officially, we keep sharing with you different custom ROMs to help you enjoy the latest version of the Android operating system. The Dirty Unicorns custom ROM will bring to your Note 3 all the Marshmallow goodies, along with a stable and smooth performance. Follow this guide to update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 based Dirty Unicorns ROM.
Before you update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 based Dirty Unicorns:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 70% of power.
Note: The guide and ROM link works with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
How to update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 custom ROM:
Required files: download Dirty Unicorns Android 6.0.1 for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Dirty Unicorns custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing GApps on your smartphone.
- After installation is completed successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter