How to Update Nexus 6 to Android 7.1 Nougat Based Custom ROM
CyanogenMod team has been working on their latest custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat. We are sharing the steps today to update Nexus 6 to Android 7.1 based CM14.1 Nightly custom ROM. For more details and support, please visit the official developer website.
Prerequisites to update Nexus 6 to Android 7.1 CM14.1
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 6 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 6 should be rooted.
- Make sure that TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 6 to Android 7.1 ROM
- Connect your Nexus 6 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 6 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while as it's the first time for the device to load up everything after being flashed with a new firmware. So don't worry if it takes longer than a usual reboot. Enjoy the new tweaks and features of CM14.1 Nightly ROM and don't forget to share your favorite ROMs with us.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter