How to Update Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Based CM13 Custom ROM
Have you been looking forward to CM13 custom firmware based on Marshmallow for your Motorola Nexus 6? CyanogenMod is now bringing its famous ROM for the Nexus 6. Packed full of CM features, the custom ROM offers you the same look and feel of the official firmware. Enjoy the tweaks and customizations while getting all the goodness of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Follow this guide to update Nexus 6 to Android 6 Marshmallow based CM13 Nightly custom ROM.
Prerequisites to check before you update Nexus 6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Download and install USB drivers for Motorola Nexus 6 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 6 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 6 to Android 6 CM13 custom ROM:
- Connect your Nexus 6 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 6 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while as it's the first time for the device to load up everything after being flashed with a new firmware. Don't get alarmed and enjoy the new tweaks and features of CM13 Nightly ROM. Do share with us if you liked the ROM on your Nexus 6 or if you'd prefer the official firmware?