How to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM
Nexus 5 doesn't get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update. But, there is no reason why you can't enjoy all the sweetness of Nougat right on your LG Nexus 5. As Android 7 custom ROMs have just started trickling in, here is the first firmware for Nexus 5 that you can use as a daily driver. BOKR Android 7.0 custom ROM is pre-rooted and brings a number of features to get you on Android 7.0 Nougat. Follow this guide to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat based custom ROM.
BOKR Android 7.0 Nougat
- Built-in Root (Settings > Security > Apps and ADB)
- Superuser Manager (Settings > Security > Manage root accesses)
- Volume rocker wake up (Settings > Display)
Prerequisites to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 5 and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that TWRP or CWM is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat BOKR
Required files: Download BOKR for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- In the TWRP/CWM settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Return to TWRP settings and tap Install and locate the BOKR firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- In the menu, confirm the installation process by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Your phone will now install the Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the all new features that Android 7.0 Nougat brings to your Nexus 5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.
Note: If you get stuck in the bootloop, go to TWRP main menu and clear Wipe cache/dalvik.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter