Flash CM13 Android 6.0 Custom ROM on LG G3 – How to
Looking for some Marshmallow sweetness for your LG G3? What better way to get the latest firmware for your Android smartphone than trying a CyanogenMod ROM. CM13 Nightly custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for LG G3. Follow this guide for the download links and flashing steps to update LG G3 to Android 6.0 based CM13 Nightly custom firmware.
Update LG G3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your LG G3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your LG G3 must be charged to at least 70% of power.
How to update LG G3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly:
Required files: download CM13 Android 6.0 for LG G3. Save the file on your computer, but do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect LG G3 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip files to your device's SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your smartphone.
- Boot LG G3 into recovery mode: switch on your phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power keys together.
- Perform wipe data operations: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Also clear wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main menu from the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM13 Marshmallow zip file and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, repeat the above step, but choose GApps package file instead of the firmware file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your LG G3 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes, so please be patient.
Don't forget to let us know if you liked this ROM and the Marshmallow goodies.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter