Flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on HTC One M8 – How to
Based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, this is one of the first few custom ROMs available for HTC One M8 based on the latest Android firmware. Getting positive reviews for its stability and great performance, you can now update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using this custom firmware. Follow this guide to flash Wolla Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM on HTC One M8.
WOLLA Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM:
- Android Version: M – 6 Official
- Firmware base: 5.07.1700.6
- ROM Version: WOLLA v2.0
- Rooted with SuperSU
- Zip-aligned on boot
- SQLite optimization on boot
- Stock Kernel Rooted
- Aroma Installer
Prerequisites to update HTC One M8 to Android 6 Marshmallow WOLLA ROM:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Download WOLLA Android Marshmallow custom ROM for HTC One M8.
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based WOLLA custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Also copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One M8.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command:
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone. Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data tasks: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM.
That's it. Enjoy the features of Marshmallow and stability of WOLLA custom ROM on your HTC One M8.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter