SlimBean Android 4.3 for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 – How to
Follow this guide to install the latest version of Slim Bean custom ROM based on the Android Mobile OS 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung [Read: Tether WiFi on Samsung Galaxy Devices without Root!] Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model P5110. Stock Android look and feel, packed with customization options and other features.
Prereqs to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Tab 2 10.1.
- Your Galaxy Tab 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your tablet.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your device carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.3 SlimBean custom firmware:
Required files: download the latest build of SlimBean custom ROM based on Android 4.3 JB from this link for your Galaxy tablet.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM file on the tablet's memory card.
- Disconnect your P5110 from computer when copy is done and power it off.
- Reboot in recovery mode and perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and at the end wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded SlimBean firmware file for your tablet and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1; repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When finished, reboot your Galaxy tablet into the newly installed firmware based on Android 4.3. It will take the new firmware a few moments to load all the stuff up so be patient.
That's it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the latest build of SlimBean custom ROM!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter