How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Based AICP ROM
AICP custom firmware is now bringing the latest Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE G900F. An Android AOSP user interface and tons of customizations, here is how to update Galaxy S5 to Android 6 Marshmallow based custom ROM.
AICP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features:
- Vanilla AOSP interface
- Based on Android 6.0.1
- Stable performance
- Brings new tweaks and enhancements
Disclaimer: During the process, you might lose all of your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully and create a backup. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 model G900F. Do not try this guide on any other Android device.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to Android 6 AICP ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to Android 6.0.1 based AICP:
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don't like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Next, Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the AICP Android 6.0.1 custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- Once the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to repeat the above step to install GApps on your SGS5.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone to the latest firmware
Enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features on your Samsung Galaxy S5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.
- Facing force app close issue? Here's how to Fix App Force Close and Bootloop Issues in Android Marshmallow with SD Card as Internal Storage
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter