How to Root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500 Official Firmware
The latest official Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has been rolled out and is available to be installed on your smartphone. Whenever you update your Android device with official firmware, root is revoked and you have to root your device all over again. To go the easy way, root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 using the Chainfire root tool.
Note: please note that the Chainfire root tool works only with Exynos 5, Octa-Core (i9500) and wouldn't work with GT-i9505.
Some prerequisites to root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root XXUBMF8 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500 official firmware:
- Switch your Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, then press the Power button until you see the Android construction bot.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC and connect your SGS4 with your computer using the USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, select the Chainfire root zip file and hit the Start button.
- When installation is successfully completed; your Galaxy S4 i9500 will reboot into recovery automatically and install the root files. Also, ID:COM will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from PC.
To confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has got Super SU access, verify by downloading Root Checker from Play Store.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter