How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 running on official Android 4.1.1 (Guide)
Samsung recently pushed out latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Some users trying to update their devices to this official firmware update lost root of their devices. In this tutorial we will be trying to guide you on how to root back the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 running on Android 4.0.1, Android 4.1.1 and above.
To root Tab 2 10.1, we will be using ODIN v1.85 in the rooting process which is fairly simple. What will you get from this root? Rooting will not only enable you to get increased performance from your tablet but will also boost up the device’s battery life. Custom ROMs can be installed after this rooting process is done.
Before proceeding to the rooting process, keep these points in view:
- Rooting voids the warranty so always start at your own risk
- Our focus is always on making the back up of the data in any of your devices or computers before starting the rooting process
- Make sure that USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 are properly installed in your computer
- USB debugging mode should be enabled
- Install the ODIN v1.85 before rooting
- Tutorial is specifically tailored to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 handset so do not attempt rooting other devices on following method.
So here we start and see how to root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Download the ODIN v1.85 and the firmware package from these links and follow the steps below to root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and above:
- Download the above mentioned packages but make sure you do not extract them.
- Run ODIN v1.85 in your PC.
- Reboot the tab into download mode. To enter download mode, hold the volume up and switch on using the power button simultaneously. When you enter the download mode, you will see the Android robot symbol.
- Connect the tablet to the PC using USB cable. When it will get successfully connected, ODIN will display the COM port number in the ID:COM port.
- Select the CF-Auto-Root-espresso10wifi-espresso10wifibby-gtp5113.zip file by clicking on the PDA box.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
- Click the Start button to start the rooting process.
Whoa! We are done with rooting our Tab 2 successfully. You have just learnt how to root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 on Android 4.1.1. Once it gets flashed properly, Tab 2 will reboot automatically. Enjoy the endless features of an unlocked device and try out different ROMs available for your device to give it a different look and feel and get optimized performance.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter