How to Root Docs Barebone Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4
Docs Barebone has removed a bucket of bloats treating you to some awesome features with less bloatware. The custom ROM for Galaxy S4 is deodexed, zipaligned and highly optimized. You will get the Nova Launcher, Holo Launcher HD for that home screen fun, with AOSP browser and extended reboot menu. There are many other tweaks making Docs Barebone's worth enough for your hotshot Samsung Galaxy S4.
Prerequisites to check before you root Docs Barebone custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Create backup of all the important data on your Galaxy S4 since the tutorial asks you to wipe data.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 has enough juice to complete the tutorial.
Flash Docs Barebone Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to computer using USB cable and copy the file onto your smartphone’s internal SD card. When the files are copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Switch off your SGS4 and boot into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Next, perform Nandroid backup: backup and restore > backup. Important step to be able to restore to current OS in case you don't like the custom firmware.
- Perform data wiping tasks now: select wipe data/ factory reset option and confirm it. This will wipe your data. Also, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache (from advanced).
- Tap on install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdCard. Locate the Docs Barebone and start the installation process.
- When firmware installation is completed successfully, return to the main menu of the Recovery screen and select reboot system now. [In case you want to flash the additional theme and video tweaks then simply repeat the above step for each of them before rebooting your smartphone.]
- The first boot will take a few good minutes so please be patient.
That's it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has been rooted to Docs Barebone custom ROM!