How to Jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2 Using Electra on iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPad, iPad mini & More
Here's a quick tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 11 - iOS 11.1.2 using Electra running on iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPad and more.
Jailbreak iOS 11 - iOS 11.1.2 Today Using Electra - Here's How
Though we've covered the things you should know about Electra, but in this post we'll discuss how to use the tool to jailbreak iOS 11. Quite frankly, there's nothing much to it as long as you fulfill the requirements, which includes things like having a 64-bit device capable of running iOS 11 and firmware that sits between iOS 11.0 and iOS 11.1.2. Also, the installation you currently have must not be an over the air update. It should be restored using iTunes otherwise there's a chance something might go wrong. I will not suggest taking any risks here.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11 - iOS 11.1.2
Note: This tutorial is applicable for both Windows and Mac users.
1. Download the Electra jailbreak IPA file from here and save it to your desktop. Please do not use third-party mirror links. Always download Electra from the official CoolStar website which is linked above.
2. Download Cydia Impactor from this link.
3. Now turn off Touch ID or Face ID measures you've put in place on your device. You can disable it by going to Settings > Touch ID / Face ID & Passcode. Also make sure you have disabled Find My iPhone, just in case, by going to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Find My iPhone. You can re-enable these features after the jailbreak process is complete.
4. Connect your device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
5. Launch Cydia Impactor and drag the Electra IPA file onto it. Follow the on-screen prompts for installation. Once done, move onto the next step.
6. You'll see the Electra app on the home screen now. Don't touch it, instead go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and TRUST the Electra profile that sits here.
7. Now launch the Electra app from the home screen and follow the instructions for further installation.
Provided you did everything correctly, your device will restart and you will see the Cydia icon on the home screen. Just launch it once to update all the necessary files (if any).
Refrain from installing tweaks just yet as the jailbreak is too brand new at this point and many tweaks haven't been updated to take advantage of the new jailbreak.
You may like to check out the following: