Team Paranoid Android made a comeback earlier this month, bringing back their beloved Paranoid Android custom ROM to the users. As promised, we are here with the guides to help our readers flash the very latest Paranoid Android 6.0 on their devices.
Based on the very latest Android 6.0.1 builds, Paranoid Android 6.0 is available for a number of Nexus devices. Following are some of the features of this redesigned custom firmware.
- Custom Quick Settings (with super easy edit options)
- Integration of CyanogenMod's Theme Engine - any CM13 theme should work
- Floating windows support
- OTS (On-the-Spot) controls
- New Power menu
- Special gestures
- System-wide immersive mode
Today's guide will help you install Paranoid Android 6.0 on Nexus 5X. For more details and download links for other devices, please visit, Time to Get Paranoid, as Paranoid Android 6.0 is Here with "All New Features." Bringing all new features and the best of CM 13, here is how to flash this new custom ROM on your device.
Prerequisites to install Paranoid Android 6.0 for Nexus 5X:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5X in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5X should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 5X and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5X carries more than 70% of charge.
How to flash Paranoid Android 6.0 for Nexus 5X:
- Connect your Nexus 5X to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5X and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM: in CWM, go to backup and restore and confirm the process.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the Paranoid Android 6.0 zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the Gapps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the all new features that Paranoid Android 6.0 brings to your Nexus 5X and don't forget to share your experience with us.