How to Install MIUI 5 Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z
The highly customizable MIUI v5 Android 4.2.2 custom firmware can now be flashed on Sony Xperia Z. This firmware will bring all the good looks of MIUI 5 along with tweaks and features from Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. MIUI 5 for Sony Xperia Z is still under development so you might find some bugs. But if you want to check out the looks of the very latest MIUI ROM, then proceed to install it on your Sony smartphone.
Prerequisites to install MIUI 5 Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial is only focused on Sony Xperia Z – please do not try it on other Android devices.
How to MIUI for Sony Xperia Z:
- Connect your smart phone to your computer using a USB cable and copy both the zip files to your phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Sony Xperia Z.
- Boot the Z into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to be able revert back to current state in case something goes wrong. Go to Backup > backup and restore on CWM.
- Next comes data wiping tasks: from recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now flash the MIUI 5 custom ROM for your Sony Xperia: select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MIUI zip file and confirm the flashing process. The ROM installation process will take a few minutes so be patient.
- Once completed successfully, follow the above step for GApps package installation on your Xperia Z.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your device into the MIUI custom firmware.
Awesome! You have successfully flashed the elegantly designed MIUI 5 ROM on your Sony Xperia Z.