How to Install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 with AICP ROM
Providing a Vanilla AOSP interface, AICP custom firmware offers a ton of tweaks and enhancements to an Android device. Improving device performance with a stable firmware, AICP is popular for a stable and speedy experience. Now based on the very latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, you can flash the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Still haven't updated your smartphone to the latest Marshmallow firmware? Here is how to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 using AICP custom ROM.
Prerequisites to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 with AICP:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 with AICP ROM:
Required files: download the AICP Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S4 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard, followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 into the new custom ROM.
First boot may take a while longer than usual. Let us know if you liked AICP's latest offering on Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S4.