How to Flash T-Mobile HTC One to Factory ROM with RUU – Manual Update
HTC has published a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based firmware for T-Mobile HTC One online in the form of an RUU (ROM Update Utility). If you want to flash this latest RUU on your HTC One manually, follow this manual update for T-Mobile HTC One guide. It will bring factory ROM settings with Android 4.3 and some bug fixes.
Notes to check before you flash T-Mobile HTC One to factory ROM RUU:
- From Homescreen tap on All apps > Settings > About > Software Information to check your device's current software version. If it is 3.24.531.3, you do not need to perform this manual update for HTC One.
- During the upgrade process, your device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screen. Do not power off your HTC One as it may stop the update process making your device inoperable.
- This RUU's size is over 1 GB; try to download it when you have access to a good internet connection.
- Your device battery must be amply charged - best way is to keep it plugged.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi and is in T-Mobile coverage area.
How to flash T-Mobile HTC One to Factory ROM with RUU - Android 4.3 JB:
- From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
- Tap About > Software updates > Check now.
- Tap on OK to download the update.
- You can view the download status from notifications pull down. When it is completed, you will be prompted to install the ROM Utility Update.
- Tap on System Update notification to being the upgrade process.
- Your HTC One will reboot and begin installation of the latest update.
- Once done, your device will boot up normally; when prompted, tap OK to continue using your HTC One.
How to manually flash T-Mobile HTC One to factory ROM with RUU - Android 4.3 JB:
Required data: download and save the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM update on your PC.
- Connect your HTC One to PC using USB cable - you must have HTC Sync Manager installed on your computer.
- When your device is recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One™ for T-Mobile ROM update that you downloaded earlier. Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions shown on your PC.
- When the update is completed successfully, click Finish in the Wizard and your device will reboot.
- HTC One will reboot then and the initial setup wizard will appear. When done, HTC One is ready to be used!
This RUU has made your HTC One like a brand new T-Mobile HTC One bought from the retailer. Everything set to factory and all things start anew!