How to Flash Stable and Fast Custom ROM on Galaxy S6 – Improves Battery Life
Based on latest official Galaxy S6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware, Tyrannus brings a lot of modifications and tweaks to the device, making it stable, speedy and bloat-free. Tyrannus Galaxy S6 custom ROM is heavily debloated, zipaligned and is rooted with SuperUser. This Galaxy S6 custom ROM is reportedly one of the fastest and most stable ROMs available for the device.
"My philosophy is to have a stable and fast ROM, with a good battery life and constantly updated. If you think that too, you have found the right ROM for you" - Developer.
Read on to learn how to flash this Galaxy S6 custom ROM. And, don't miss out on a super long list of features that this firmware brings with it.
Tyrannus Android 6.0.1 features:
- Auto Wipe Cache
- Auto Wipe Dalvik-Cache
- Full Deodexed
- Removed Bloatware Samsung
- Removed Bloatware Google
- Removed Completely Knox
- Rooted With SuperSU
- Fix SuperSu DeepSleep
- Fix PrivateMode
- Tweaks In Build.prop
- Better Responsiveness And Speed
- Disable Scrolling Cache For Faster Scrolling
- Wireless Tweaks
- Tether/Hotspot Tweak
- Better Signal Reception
- Better Call Voice Quality
- Smoother Video Streaming And Tweak Media
- Video Acceleration Enabled And HW debugging
- Power Saving Tweaks
- Battery Tweaks
- Speed Tweaks
- Enable Native Voice Call Recording
- Enable Camera During Call
- 3MinitBattery Mod
- Material Tyrannus Wallpaper
- Floating Toolbox
- Toggle MultiWindow
- And much more!
Prerequisites to flash Tyrannus Galaxy S6 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash Android 6.0.1 based Galaxy S6 custom ROM:
Required files: download the Tyrannus Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Tyrannus Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920F into the new custom ROM.
Let us know about your experience with this custom firmware based on official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow release for Samsung Galaxy S6. Is it as speedy as it claims to be? Don't forget to share your thoughts with us.
To learn more about this ROM, please check this XDA thread.