How to Update HTC One M9 to crDroid Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM
Based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, crDroid is now available to be flashed on the flagship HTC One M9. Following is the guide to install this custom firmware on your HTC One along with the features of the ROM.
crDroid Android 5.1.1 for HTC One M9:
crDroid is popular for several of its features including AdBlocker, SlimPie controls and Ambient Display. Giving you the handle to tons of tweaks and performance enhancements, crDroid makes sure your experience with the flagship remains smooth and stable. If you are yet to make the upgrade to the very latest Android 5.1.1, crDroid gives you some good reasons to do it now. Here are some of the features of crDroid Android 5.1.1 for HTC One M9.
- Volume panel timeout
- Clear recents location
- Heads up customization
- Quick access button on expanded status bar
- Swipe behavior
- Touch outside behavior
- Time out
- Do not disturb
- SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Navbar on/off
- Hardware keys on/off (in devices supported)
- Power menu in navring targets
- SlimPie controls with all working
- Sound panel option om power menu
- Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
- Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
- Power menu and notifications tiles
- Four tiles per row
- Vibrate on tiles touch
- Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Kill app back button configurable timeout
- Omni-Ambient Display
- Ad Blocker
Prerequisites to update HTC One M9 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M9 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M9's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M9 to Android 5.1.1 crDroid:
- Download crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for HTC One M9. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also download the GApps package for your device.
Following are the steps to help you update HTC One M9 to Android 5.1.1 based crDroid custom firmware:
Step 1: Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy / paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step 3: Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step 4: Boot your device in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
Step 5: Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step 6: Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot - press Enter again.
Step 7: Follow the onscreen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
Step 8: Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step 9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the crDroid Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
Step 11: Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M9 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient. Enjoy the new ROM on your M9.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter