How to Flash CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 JB on Galaxy Note – Official
CyanogenMod team has released the stable CM 10.1.2 build for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note phablet. If you want to try one of the most popular Android custom firmware, read the instructions carefully and follow the flashing guide to successfully update your phablet to the latest Android 4.2.2 based stable CM 10.1.2 custom ROM.
Prerequisites to flash CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 JB on Galaxy Note:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Galaxy Note must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial is only focused on Samsung Galaxy Note T-Mobile variant, kindly do not try this tutorial on other Android or Samsung devices.
How to flash CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 JB on Samsung Galaxy Note:
- Connect T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip files to your phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot your phablet into recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore on CWM.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. You can skip this step if you are already on a CM 10.1 ROM.
- Now, to flash the CM 10.1.2 official custom ROM, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 stable firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note into normal mode. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so kindly be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter