Get Google Pixel Features on Your Nexus 5 with This Nougat Custom ROM
Looking to install Android 7 for Nexus 5? Google's Nexus 5 unfortunately doesn't get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update. However, we keep bringing you feature-rich custom ROMs to upgrade your devices to the latest versions of Android, whether they are eligible for the update or not. Today, it's the Euclidean Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM for Nexus 5. The best things?
This ROM doesn't only bring you to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat, but also offers some exclusive Pixel features right on your Nexus 5. September security update? Also added!
Euclidean Android 7.0 Nougat
- Qualcomm LLVM Compiler 3.8
- Google Nexus Sounds
- Bionic Optimizations
- GApps included (removed stock ones)
- Dark Material theme
- Phonograph Music Player
- Battery LED Notifications
- Ambient Display
- Advanced Power Menu Options
- DSP Manager
- Night Mode & NavBar Tunner
- Auto-brightness on quicksettings
- Button wake
- Music control (long press buttons to switch tracks while screen off)
- Match volume controls rotation
- SnapDragon camera
- OMS Support
- Custom battery styles
- Google Pixel Launcher
- Pixel Wallpapers
- Google Assistant
- Double-tap to sleep on status-bar
- Google Pixel Dialer
- Pixel NavBar
- Google Pixel BootAnimation
- biQuads - Qualcomm's Audio Codec
Note: Still in beta version, you might find some bugs if running it as a daily driver. Head over to the XDA thread for support and more information.
Prerequisites to flash Android 7 for Nexus 5
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 5 and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that TWRP or CWM is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install Euclidean Android 7 custom ROM
Required files: Download Euclidean for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- From menu, select BOOTLOADER > RECOVERY.
- In the TWRP/CWM settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Return to settings and tap Install and locate the Euclidean firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- Confirm the installation process.
- Your phone will now install the Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little while so don't get alarmed. Enjoy the all new features and security patches that Android 7.0 Nougat brings right on your Nexus 5. Don't forget to share your experience with us.
Note: If you get stuck in the bootloop, go to TWRP main menu and clear Wipe cache/dalvik.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter